School Readiness Programs
Rhonda Waters, in conjunction with Miss Cassie our Educational Leader .
- We include a set routine in our day for our school readiness program, which provides a balance of structured and non-structured learning opportunities & experiences based on the children’s needs, strengths & interests. This is occurs in fun, stimulating & engaging setting , with a focus on important school readiness areas of development such as:
- – attention span, listening & speaking skills, following directions , pencil grip, pre-writing & pre-reading skills, scissor grip & skills, numeracy & maths based concepts and social skills.
- Many of our learning programs are project based with ongoing learning of shared knowledge, gathering information, research & documenting.
- Family feedback & input is an important part of our school readiness programs.
- We also provide school readiness information for families and organise Info nights where local schools are invited as well as specialists i.e. O.T. (Occupational Therapist)